3rd Global Well Cem Conference on Well Cements: Production and Performance
London, UK, early 2017 (final dates and location to be confirmed)
Well cements, including oil, gas, unconventional gas and geothermal well cements, are in greater demand now than ever before. Even countries without oil and conventional gas resources are now looking at the possibility of producing gas from unconventional source rock and are rapidly going to have to source well cements, either through home production or through more expensive imports. Shale gas projects are spreading out worldwide from the US, and even Saudi Arabia is set to investigate its shale gas resources.
According to the Journal of Petroleum Technology, 'Developing shale or tight reservoirs requires drilling tens of thousands of well per play, rather than the hundreds required to develop conventional reservoirs.' All those wells will need cement - leading to a huge boom in demand for oil well cement around the world.
The 3rd Global WellCem Conference and Exhibition will bring together experts in the production of well cements from all over the world, to meet with well cement users and others interested in well cement production and performance. As with all of Global Cement's events, networking opportunities will be world-class.
If well cements are part of your business - anywhere in the world - then you should make it your business to be at Global WellCem Conference!
- Production and performance
- Production advances for well cements
- Grinding regime for high specification well cements
- Additives for well cements
- Accreditation and certification options for well cements
- Towards unified industry standards
- Non-Portland cement systems
- Cement slurry design
- Transport, storage, mixing and dosing
- Testing and quality control of well cements
- Automated technologies for cement testing
- Placement options
- Performance in place
- Cement performance at HPHT
- Cement performance in cycling systems
- Foamed cement systems
- Cement-bond logging advances
- Long-term cement performance and measurement
- Self-healing cements
- CO2 resistant cements
Who should attend?
- Well cement producers
- Additive suppliers
- Well Cement users
- Traders and shippers
- Equipment suppliers
2nd Global Well Cem Conference and Exhibition
The 2nd Global Well Cem Conference has taken place successfully in Houston, Texas, USA, with over 100 delegates from 18 countries in attendance.
22 - 23 January 2015, The Woodlands, Houston, Texas, USA
View the image gallery from the 2nd Well Cem Conference & Exhibition 2015
(large gallery - may take time to load)
What the delegates said about the 2nd Global Well Cem Conference in Houston, Texas:
- Excellent presentations
- Excellent presentations, very informative. Quality break times and good food.
- Nice conference - hope to be able to attend next year.
- Good networking
- Good work!
- Keep up the good work.
- Very well moderated.
- Well organised - Thanks!
1st Global WellCem Conference and Exhibition
Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, Dubai, UAE
13 - 14 January 2014
The 1st Global Well Cem Conference has successfully taken place in Dubai, UAE, with around 150 delegates from 37 countries, 20 presentations on well cement and cementing, 12 hours of networking and lots of smiles all round. Delegates hailed the event as an idea whose time had come and praised it for its friendly, informal and inclusive atmosphere. The 2nd Global Well Cem Conference and Exhibition will take place in Houston, USA, in January 2015.
View the image gallery from the 1st Well Cem Conference & Exhibition 2014
(large gallery - may take time to load)
What the delegates said about the first Global Well Cem Conference and Exhibition:
- Excellent first meeting - having manufacturers, service companies and oil companies in the same room is a great first step.
- Generally a very well run conference, met my expectations.
- This was a nice conference and I wish it to be every year.
- In general very good event. Please continue with this.
- It should take place on regular basis.
- Thoroughly enjoyed the event.
- Very informative conference, excellent speakers.
- Keep doing the great job!
- We learned a lot about the specific issues of this industry. Your team did a great job organizing and running this conference and I want to congratulate you all. We have a lot of follow up work to do to make sure we utilise the contacts made around the conference and we look forward to optimising our technology for use in the cement slurry. Peter Weber, ceEntek, Singapore
- The 2014 conference was very beneficial and certainly give a good forum for the manufacturers and users to see each others issues and current areas of research. It was also a good networking experience. Thanks to the Global Well Cem Conference team the 2014 conference was a great event and the 2015 event I feel will be even better. Dr Karen Luke - Trican Well Service
- After being at the first Global Well Cem Conference I have to say that I'm impressed by the way it was planned and the way it came out in terms of timing and the amount of presenters that was controlled so well that all get to say what they was there for and very close to the timeframe. This shows a very good planning and control witch I hope all participants are happy with. JOB WELL DONE - Alf Jan Wik, WellCem AS
- The experiece of attending the first GWC was great & will try to attend the upcoming one too. - Junaid Ahmad - API
- Very well organised, in particular the speed dating and the 'meet the delegates.'
- Excellent steering and time management.
- Very well organised conference. I was impressed with the ability of the facilitators to keen everything on track.
- This was so relevant for me, and it had very good presentations.
- I liked the simple booth format - it gave big and small companies the same exposure.
- As an oil well cement producer, this was a must-attend event.
- Thanks for organising it, looking forward to the second one already.
- A job well done.