Global Cement Waste Heat Recovery Conference and Exhibition, including captive power and electrical energy efficiency.
London, 1 - 2 June 2015 - dates TBC
2nd Global CemPower Conference
4-5 June 2013, Glaziers Hall, London, UK
The 2nd Global CemPower Conference and Exhibition has successfully taken place in London again, after the highly successful first edition in the city. CemPower is the largest global gathering of experts on waste heat recovery, captive power generation and electrical energy efficiency in the cement and lime industries.
The world is in an energy crisis, which is only going to get worse. With the increase in fuel and electricity costs, the cement industry is presented with both a problem and an opportunity. The cement industry uses huge amounts of fuel and electrical power, and is critically sensitive to price rises in both. The industry worldwide is also vulnerable to power-cuts and reduction in power quality - so-called 'brownouts.'
However, the cement - and lime - industry is also perfectly located to take advantage of the situation, through the use of waste heat recovery systems. Using waste heat recovery, the cement industry can regain the energy in its waste-gasses and use it to generate electricity, thus partly insulating itself from electricity price increases as well as improving its overall efficiency.
With each plant being able to produce 20-30% of its total electricity from its own resources - and around 30% of plants being able to benefit from installation of a WHR system, the benefits of waste heat recovery for the cement industry are potentially huge. According to industry experts, payback ranges from three to six years, excluding any government subsidies.
Asia (notably China and India) is well ahead of the rest of the world in the application of waste heat recovery in the cement industry and only now is the rest of the world beginning to catch up.
You will be very welcome to attend the conference - delegates are expected to attend from around the world, including those from the following countries who have already indicated their interest in the conference: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Honduras, India, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Korea, Republic of, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Pakistan, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Vietnam and the United States.
The following companies have all already expressed their interest in Global CemPower:
ACC Limited; AirStream Systems Inc.; ALMO Engineering; Alstom Power Raymond Bartlett-Snow Operations; ASEC; Ash Grove Cement Company; Ashaka Cem plc; Box International Consulting; Bursa Cement Factory Company Ltd; Cales de la Plana, SA; Carpatcement Holding; Cement Industries of Malaysia Bhd; Cementos del Norte, S.A.; Cemex; Cemex Research Group; CII-Godrej Green Business Centre; Ciment De Sibline sal; Cimentas; Ciscon International; Columbus Mckinnon Corp; Companhia Brasileira Equipamento; CQ University; Denizli Cement Works; Eastern Province Cement Company; Ecoles de Mines de Paris; Econotherm (UK) Ltd; Ecospray Technologies S.r.l.; EDF R&D; Erenturk Consulting Engineers; Evolution Environmental Group; FLSMmidth; Fong-Chuan Industries Inc.; Hayba Trading; Holcim; Holcim Group Support Ltd; Holtec Consultants Ltd; HVACI; JFE Engineering Corporation; JFE Engineering Europe GmbH; JK Lakshmi Cement Ltd.; JPF Service Maintenance Management & Consulting; KHD Humboldt Wedag; Kronos International Inc.; kuwait Cement; Lafarge Asia Technical Centre; Lucky Cement Limited; Mongolyn Alt (MAK) Corporation; Monsanto; My Home Industries Ltd; National University of Colombia; Nowosad; Opcon Energy System AB; Penta Engineering Corp; Praxair Asia Inc.; Qassim Cement Company; Ramco Systems Ltd; RWTH Aachen University; Salt River Materials Group; Schretter & Cie Gmbh & Co KG; SECIL; Siemens AG; Sinoma Energy Conservation Ltd; Stellar Materials Inc; TCL Group; Thatta Cement Company Limited; Transparent Energy Systems Pvt Ltd; Turboden srl; Ultratech Cement Ltd; Unitec Projects & Engineering GmbH; United States Gypsum Co.; Votorantim Cimentos North America; White Martins Gases Industrias Ltda
What you will accomplish at Global CemPower
- Learn about the latest technology for waste heat recovery
- Hear from waste heat recovery industry professionals
- Pick up tips from waste heat recovery case studies in the industry
- Make contacts with waste heat recovery experts from around the world
- Make your waste heat recovery project happen!
- Waste heat recovery in the global cement industry
- Technology comparisons and advantages
- Case studies in waste heat recovery in the cement industry
- Project and operating economics
- Project engineering considerations
- Optimisation of pyro-processes for waste heat recovery
- Waste heat recovery project finance and management
- Global cement trends
- Regulatory environments
- Waste heat recovery and the carbon economy
- Who's who in waste heat recovery
- Waste heat recovery in grinding
- Waste heat recovery & AFR: perfect partners?
- Lessons from waste heat recovery projects in other industries
- Rankine Cycle vs Kalina Cycle vs Organic Rankine Cycle vs ...
Who should attend?
- Cement producers interested in waste heat recovery
- Waste heat recovery systems providers
- Others interested in waste heat recovery (lime, gypsum, steel, paper, chemicals, refinery etc)
- Cement industry project managers
Main suppliers of waste heat recovery equipment (invited)
- China Power
- CITIC HI
- Dalian East New Energy Development (DEE)
- JFE Engineering of Japan
- Kawasaki (KHI and CKE)
- Nanjing Triumph Kaineng (NTK)
- Ormat Technologies
- ThyssenKrupp Polysius AG
- Sinoma EC (EC = Energy Conservation)
- TECPRO Systems
- TESPL (Transparent Energy Systems Pvt. Ltd)
- Thermax India
- Turboden (Pratt Whitney Power Systems)
- Wasabi Energy (Global GeoThermal)
Tel +44 (0) 1372 840950 or Mob: +44 (0) 776 74 75 998
Please note: Global CemPower is not to be confused with bboy cem power!