Global Cement Electrical Power Conference and Exhibition
Including waste heat recovery, captive power, grinding optimisation and electrical energy efficiency.
London, 1 - 2 June 2015
The 3rd Global CemPower Conference & Exhibition has successfully taken place on 1 - 2 June 2015 in London, UK.
Global CemPower Conference is to take place for the third time in London in 2015, and will look at a topic that accounts for one third of the cement industry's total costs: Electrical power.
The 3rd Global CemPower Conference has evolved to cover additional subject areas, and will not only look at waste heat recovery for cement and lime, but will also examine captive power generation options (including coal, oil, gas, diesel, hydroelectric, wind and solar), grinding optimisation (grinding processes are the largest single consumers of electrical power in the cement plant) and the wider issue of electrical energy efficiency in the cement and lime industries.
With the variability in fuel and electricity costs, the cement industry is presented with both a problem and an opportunity. The cement industry uses huge amounts of fuel and electrical power, and is critically sensitive to price rises in both. The industry worldwide is also vulnerable to power-cuts and reduction in power quality - so-called 'brownouts.' However, the cement - and lime - industry is also perfectly located to take advantage of the situation, through the use of waste heat recovery systems and other captive generation units. Using waste heat recovery for example, the cement industry can regain the energy in its waste-gasses and use it to generate electricity, thus partly insulating itself from electricity price increases as well as improving its overall efficiency. Cement producers (particularly in India and Japan) have also built themselves captive power units using wind, hydro-electric, diesel, gas, coal, oil, alternative fuels and biomass.
Grinding uses up around one third of the electrical energy requirements of each integrated cement plant, so that improvements in grinding processes can have a huge impact in overall electrical energy demand. The conference will look at new technologies in grinding, as well as grinding efficiency improvements.
The conference will also study the suite of techniques and appraoches that are available to all cement producers to reduce electrical energy consumption throughout their plants, from changing motors and optimising fan designs, to simpler but no-less -effective methods such as intelligent lighting schemes and the scheduling of periodic equipment operation for lower-cost electricity periods.
What you will accomplish at Global CemPower
- Learn about the latest technology for waste heat recovery
- Hear about cement and lime industry captive power generation case studies
- Pick up tips for grinding unit optimisation
- Make contacts with experts from around the world
- CUT YOUR ELECTRICAL ENERGY BILLS!
- Waste heat recovery in the global cement industry
- Captive power generation (including wind and solar)
- Grinding process optimisation
- Other electrical energy efficiency measures
Who should attend?
- Cement and lime producers interested in power production
- Cement and lime producers who want to decrease their electrical energy bills
- Equipment suppliers
- Participants from other industries: lime, gypsum, steel, paper, chemicals, refinery etc
- Cement industry project managers
Delegates comments on Global CemPower 2013:
- The social evening was very nice and I liked the atmosphere
- The atmosphere and organisation was great
- Nice event with good opportunities for networking
- I enjoyed the speed-dating
- Well-organised and kept to time
- Excellent organisation of the conference, congratulations
- Very interesting new information
- Open forums, opportunities for networking and good presentations
- Great conference, thanks to organisers, go ahead!
- Good atmosphere and networking
- Well organised
2nd Global CemPower Conference
4-5 June 2013, Glaziers Hall, London, UK
The 2nd Global CemPower Conference and Exhibition has successfully taken place in London again, after the highly successful first edition in the city. CemPower is the largest global gathering of experts on waste heat recovery, captive power generation and electrical energy efficiency in the cement and lime industries.
Please note: Global CemPower is not to be confused with bboy cem power!