'For excellent in cement'
A different approach to the awards has been taken from the past.
On-line nominations have been sought from global cement industry participants in seven categories. All valid nominees have been included in a voting round.
Categories included in 2013 are as follows:
Best cement company for technical excellence
Best cement company for organisational excellence
Best cement company for product quality
Best cement company for environmental performance
Best cement company to work for
Best cement industry supplier - equipment
Best cement industry supplier - non-equipment (services, software etc)
The voting round is now open
Voters can rate nominees from poor to excellent and the highest-rated company in each category will win.
The 2nd bi-annual Global Cement Awards were awarded at the Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony of the 7th European Cement Conference and Exhibition, 19-20 March 2007, Vienna.
The categories for the awards were as follows:
Pyroprocessing + comminution categories
1) Lowest specific energy consumption, raw meal grinding (kWh/tonne raw meal, incl. classification)
2) Lowest specific energy consumption, clinker grinding (kWh/tonne clinker, incl. classification)
3) Lowest specific electrical energy consumption/tonne of cement produced (kWh/tonne cement)
4) Kiln reliability (mean time between stops, excluding planned stops of more than 1 day)
5) Lowest injury incidence rate (including all contractors on site) (= lost time accidents (LTA) per 200,000 employee hours, where an LTA is an incident which results in absence from work beyond the day or shift when it occurred).
6) Most innovative scheme for environmental impact abatement
7) OPC-based products: Lowest specific CO2 emission (CO2 emission/tonne of finished cement produced, excluding contributions from electrical energy)
8) Most innovative transport or handling solution
9) Most effective or innovative maintenance solution
GC's 'Cement industry individual of the year'
10) Global Cement's industry individual of the year